Training on Motherboard and Laptop Repairing
A computer consists of the motherboard, processor, RAM, hard drive, video adapter and power supply. Motherboard is a printed circuit board containing the principal components of a computer, with connectors for other circuit boards to be slotted into. If the Motherboard produces errors and becomes non-functional, the system will be in down state even if all essential components and circuit boards are in right order. So, gaining chil level knowledge on motherboard is an urgent requirement for any hardware engineer. We should learn how to check, detect and rectify the various types of faults on motherboard and their rectification measures to recover the system and make this functional.
As a hardware engineer, we should also learn repairing motherboards and all other essential parts of any laptop, as nowadays most of the students and working professionals prefer using laptop for their daily works. We should become familiar with the various important components of any laptop and their use, followed by faults detection and rectification.
The following topics are guidelines for the content likely to be included in this training. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific instance of the delivery.
• Understanding Laptop power sequence and stages.
• Power Supply to different Chips VCC Core, 5VSUS, 3V, 1.5V, 1.8VSUS, 5V, 2.5V.
• 2nd power stage secondary 2.5v 1.5v 1.8v.
• 3rd power stage VRM CPU CORE 1.05v.
• Battery Charging/ Discharging Section.
• Clock working detail.
• BIOS Chips section.
• Bios working details.
• Removing and Fixing of Components, Chips with Micro, Iron and BGA Machine.
• Difference between the working of a laptop, netbook and desktop computer.
• Upgrading memory modules like RAM, Hard Disk & BIOS.
• BIOS settings of different laptops/ desktop motherboards: As AWARD, AMI, INTEL, MITSUBISHI, HYUNDAI, SST, WINBOND, PHOENIX, etc.
• Power management of a laptop.
• Diagnosing problems without disassembling a laptop.
• Expert guidance and procedures of repairing a laptop.
• Assembly and disassembly of different laptops with video guidance.
• Testing of batteries and power adaptors.
• Technique of using Multitester.
• Installation of drivers for various Operating Systems which do not come with the system upon identification of chips.
• Repairing Human Interface Devices (Keyboard, Touchpad, Trackball etc.).
• Block diagrams and schematic diagrams of different laptop and desktop motherboards.
• Replacing Mobile Processor, FPC belts, DVI cables, switches, speakers, web cams, ventilation fans, Bluetooth cards, WI-FI cards, WI-FI antenna cables of laptops.
• Repairing LCD display and Inverter circuit of laptops.
• Identification of all chips and crystals on laptop and desktop motherboard.
• Soldering and De-soldering techniques.
• Use of soldering iron, de-solder wire, electric de-solder pump, SMD vacuum picker, etc.
• Track tracing and jumpering.
• Operating SMD Rework Station.
• Replacing of faulty chips using SMD Rework Station.
• Testing Data Addresses on RAM, BIOS, PCI by using CRO.
• Using different types of Electronic Debug cards, RAM testers, CPU socket testers for laptop and desktop motherboards.
• Repairing SO-DIMM RAM stick by replacing chips on the RAM stick.