Fundamentals of Networking (CompTIA N+ Certification)
The exam covers network technologies, installation and configuration, media and topologies, management, and security. Candidate job roles include network administrator, network technician, network installer, help desk technician and IT cable installer.
Exam codes: N10-005
- Networking Concepts
- Compare the layers of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Classify how applications, devices, and protocols relate to the OSI model layers.
- Explain the purpose and properties of IP addressing
- Explain the purpose and properties of routing and switching.
- Identify common TCP and UDP default ports.
- Explain the function of common networking protocols
- Summarize DNS concepts and its components.
- Given a scenario, implement the following network troubleshooting methodology:
- Identify virtual network components.
- Network Installation and Configuration
- Given a scenario, install and configure routers and switches
- Given a scenario, install and configure a wireless network
- Explain the purpose and properties of DHCP.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless problems.
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot common router and switch problems
- Given a set of requirements, plan and implement a basic SOHO network.
- Network Media and Topologies
- Categorize standard media types and associated properties
- Categorize standard connector types based on network media.
- Compare and contrast different wireless standards
- Categorize WAN technology types and properties